Chef - 2nd Or 3rd Year Apprentice
Sarina Russo Apprenticeships
Luci is your opportunity to make your mark, be innovative, and pay tribute to the Melbourne gastronomic dining scene. The menu that will be designed by the executive chef will draw inspiration from Italian roots to showcase Modern Australian cuisine.
About the role As a 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Chef, you will utilise your creative flair and passion for food to help launch Melbourne’s newest leading restaurant, which exceeds diner’s expectations. You will work closely with the team to prepare high quality food to help create an enticing and engaging food concept that sets Luci apart. Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will work on a rotating shift basis, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This role will involve catering for all meal periods and all outlets including The Douglas Bar, Executive Lounge, In Room Dining as well as Events.
Specifically your role will involve:
• Contribute to high levels of customer service
• Assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
• Ensure correct handling and storage of all food products
• Communicate effectively with our guests when necessary
• Comply with and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety
• Complete all aspects of the training programme
What are we looking for?
• Previous apprentice chef experience
• Willingness to learn with a great positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
At Hilton we know that our Team Members are the reason behind our success so in turn we are committed to ensuring that Hilton is a workplace where you can Thrive and make time for what matters most. Over the past three years we have held our top spot as the #1 hospitality company in Australia as listed by the Great Places to Work institute and in 2019 Hilton ranked #3 across all industries. You can also look forward to receiving:
• Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• Extensive leadership and career development opportunities
This role will commence in March 2021 and is only open to Australian residents or applicants who have full legal rights to work in Australia.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: