NAB National Australia Bank
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
We are one of Australia’s biggest banks – but we know that life’s about more than money. It’s about the connections we share with our customers, and the great things we can do to make life easier for them.
That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. NAB is rapidly building a top-notch engineering capability and culture; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
To be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service the Microservices Engineering team in Risk Technology has embarked on a multi-year journey to build a new Credit Risk Engine using microservices architecture. We are looking for candidates with exceptional technical skills to enable us to deliver the best outcome for the bank.
The ideal candidates will be working on current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services and/or Azure. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of programming languages such as SQL, Python, Java, ReactJS (etc).
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a strong analytical thinker displaying abilities to understand complex relationships and offer solutions for problems while having a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
Do you want to want to work with us in uplifting our software engineering capability?
For us, Analyst, Engineers are the primary sources of knowledge and information in any technology field or domain. We believe if you are passionate about software engineering then you consider the entire software lifecycle in everything you do. You understand the customer, as well as everything that goes with running your solution in production. Software Engineers are at the heart of the creation of our customer experience.
Just like your colleagues, you are continuously learning. Your proactive and results-oriented attitude ensures that you always strive for the best. You work in a cross functional team, and together we are able to take each other to new heights.
If you think this is for you, we invite you to apply for this role. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
What you need:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL
- Proficiency with AWS / Azure Cloud services highly desired
- Knowledge of API and cloud-native architecture
- Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment
- Ability to use relevant data analytics approaches and tools to problem-solve and trouble-shoot, perform root cause analysis and propose working solutions
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery
- Good documentation and communication skills including ability to build working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience working with Oracle DB.
- Knowledge of Agile practices and SDLC principles
- Knowledge of Credit Risk domain highly desirable
Just as important as all the above technical skills is your willingness to arrive every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of NAB’s journey to become a top-notch engineering organisation.
What’s in it for you?
The work will be challenging – but rewarding. Always dictated by doing what’s right by our customers, no matter what. And an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to take that next big career step in one of Australia’s big 4 banks.
- A workplace that supports & role models Diversity & Inclusion. This is a huge part of who we are and what NAB stand’s for
- A Flexible Working policy that supports your personal circumstances and family commitments
- Access to NAB Staff Benefits including - salary packaging; childcare; various types of leave as well as Banking & financial services discounts to name just a few
- Learning & Development to assist you achieve your career goals
- Volunteer Leave – every NAB employee is applicable for 2 days volunteer leave per year which is a great way to support a cause that is close to your heart
- Fast paced agile environment, with leading edge technology and innovation
- Work in a collaborative environment with highly talented and motivated colleagues that are passionate about knowledge sharing
- Salary conforming to market standards
Are you keen to know more or apply? There are plenty of opportunities awaiting you!
(You need to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold a permanent residency visa to apply.)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: